25th/35th Anniversary Celebration, featuring First Look: Permanent Exhibition Refresh
On January 13, 1996, the SDCHM opened its doors to the public at 404 Third Avenue, ten years after having incorporated as the Chinese Historical Society of Greater San Diego and Baja California (in 1985).
To commemorate this important anniversary, the San Diego Chinese Historical Society and Museum invites the public to participate in a virtual celebration, featuring a tour of the Museum's revamped permanent exhibition, which will be led by docents Robert Stein, Lily Birmingham, and Michael Yee. Here's an overview of the morning's agenda:
- Dr. Li-Rong Lilly Cheng and others will provide opening remarks
- Our Director, Lily Tou Birmingham, will share a slide show, featuring images of exhibitions and events at the Musuem over the years
- Lilly Cheng and Lily B. will present opportunities to support the Museum's mission, including a Five-Year Pledge initiative and the Ah Quin Society initiative
- Just prior to the First Look virtual tour, longtime Museum member, Diana Marjip Chuh will present our Anniversary silent auction, showing the items available and explaining the bidding mechanism (after the virtual tour, auction results will be announced)
- For the greater part of the event, docents Robert Stein, Lily Birmingham, and Michael Yee will provide an exclusive first look of the Mission building's revamped permanent exhibition.
We will be excited to celebrate our 25th (and 35th) anniversaries with you on January 30th!
|NeonCRM by Neon One|